The Workshop Manager is responsible for the logistics during scheduled CIMC workshops, for supporting the teachers and yogis who attend, and for ensuring the workshop runs smoothly.
Skills, Experience, and Qualities
- Membership at CIMC
- Practicing Vipassana at CIMC for at least 2 years
- Attended at least 3 workshop and/or retreats at CIMC over the last 2 years
- A regular meditation practice
- Reliable, clear communicator, friendly, organized, enjoys helping others, good problem-solver
- Arrive 45 minutes before the start of the program to unlock doors and welcome early arrivals
- Set up and complete check-in and registration tasks
- Give the Workshop Manager’s talk
- Be available to provide support to the teachers and yogis throughout the day
- Close up at the end of the day
- One-year commitment (renewable)
- 2-4 workshops per year, 7.5 hours per workshop day (Usually from 9:15am-4:45pm on Saturday or Sunday)
This role is eligible for 4 work exchange hours per workshop.
Cambridge, MA 02139
- 1 hour of orientation with the Workshop Manager Volunteer Coordinator.
- Co-manage first workshop with an experienced Workshop Manager.