Membership contributions provide a vital source of financial support for all aspects of the Center including teachers and staff, programming, the upkeep of our building and scholarships. Your decision to become a CIMC Member is a gift of generosity and kindness. Membership offers the opportunity to join and support a community and a Center dedicated to the practice of Insight Meditation.
Though our programs are available to members and non-members alike, CIMC could not continue to exist without the vital support of our Members. If Insight Meditation is of value to you, please consider becoming a CIMC Member to help sustain the Center as a refuge for the Dharma in the midst of urban life.
You may become a CIMC Member at any time during the year and your membership will become active on the day of your donation. Our membership year runs from January 1 to December 31.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of membership?
Membership at CIMC offers significant benefits, including:
- Access to the Center for individual practice. All fully-vaccinated members are welcome from 7:00am-9:00pm every day, except when programs are in progress in the building. Proof of vaccination is required before arriving at the Center. For details and information on what to do before you arrive, please click here.
- Reduced "Member Rates" for CIMC's retreats, workshops, practice groups and benefits.
- Free Members Day program with our CIMC Guiding and Core teachers (Saturday, March 26th 2022)
- The opportunity for individual practice interviews with CIMC teachers. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about interviews.
- Borrowing privileges from CIMC’s extensive library.
- Tax deduction on all membership contributions.
What should I offer for my membership?
Your membership commitment may be fulfilled with one annual contribution or by arranging monthly payments.
- We ask everyone to contribute $25 per month for CIMC membership, and encourage you to contribute more if you can.
- Monthly commitments of $40, $50 or greater will help CIMC keep its core commitment to offer scholarships whenever needed so the teachings of the Buddha are available to everyone, regardless of their financial resources.
- If $25 per month is not feasible for you at this time, please contribute as generously as you can. We welcome everyone to become a CIMC Member.