Membership contributions provide a vital source of financial support for all aspects of the Center including teachers and staff, programming, the upkeep of our building and scholarships. Your decision to become a CIMC Member is a gift of generosity and kindness. Membership offers the opportunity to join and support a community and a Center dedicated to the practice of Insight Meditation.
Though our programs are available to members and non-members alike, CIMC could not continue to exist without the vital support of our Members. If Insight Meditation is of value to you, please consider becoming a CIMC Member to help sustain the Center as a refuge for the Dharma in the midst of urban life.
You may become a CIMC Member at any time during the year and your membership will become active on the day of your donation. Our membership year runs from January 1 to December 31.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of membership?
Membership at CIMC offers significant benefits, including:
- Access to the Center for individual practice 7:00am-9:00pm every day, except when programs are in progress in the building.
- Reduced "Member Rates" for CIMC's retreats, workshops, practice groups and benefits.
- Free Members Day program with our CIMC Guiding and Core teachers.
- The opportunity for individual practice interviews with CIMC teachers. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about interviews.
- Borrowing privileges from CIMC’s extensive library.
- Tax deduction on all membership contributions.
What should I offer for my membership?
Your membership commitment may be fulfilled with one annual contribution or by arranging monthly payments.
- We ask everyone to contribute $25 per month for CIMC membership, and encourage you to contribute more if you can.
- Monthly commitments of $40, $50 or greater will help CIMC keep its core commitment to offer scholarships whenever needed so the teachings of the Buddha are available to everyone, regardless of their financial resources.
- If $25 per month is not feasible for you at this time, please contribute as generously as you can. We welcome everyone to become a CIMC Member.