Membership contributions provide a vital source of financial support for all aspects of the Center including teachers and staff, programming, the upkeep of our building and scholarships. Your decision to become a CIMC Member is a gift of generosity and kindness. Membership offers the opportunity to join and support a community and a Center dedicated to the practice of Insight Meditation.
Though our programs are available to members and non-members alike, CIMC could not continue to exist without the vital support of our Members. If Insight Meditation is of value to you, please consider becoming a CIMC Member to help sustain the Center as a refuge for the Dharma in the midst of urban life.
You may become a CIMC Member at any time during the year and your membership will become active on the day of your donation. Our membership year runs from January 1st to December 31st.
What Does Membership Offer?
Membership at CIMC offers significant benefits, including:
- Access to the Center for individual practice from 7:00am to 10:00pm daily (except during the times we offer programs);
- Member rates for retreats, workshops, practice groups and benefits offered at CIMC;
- The opportunity for individual practice interviews with CIMC teachers;
- Borrowing privileges from CIMC’s extensive library;
- Tax deduction on all membership contributions.
What Should I Offer for My Membership?
Your membership commitment may be fulfilled with one annual contribution or by arranging monthly payments.
- We ask everyone to contribute $25 per month for CIMC membership, and encourage you to contribute more if you can.
- Monthly commitments of $40, $50 or greater will help CIMC keep its core commitment to offer scholarships whenever needed so the teachings of the Buddha are available to everyone, regardless of their financial resources.
- If $25 per month is not feasible for you at this time, please contribute as generously as you can. We welcome everyone to become a CIMC Member.
For more information about membership, please contact us at (617) 441-9038 or firstname.lastname@example.org.