The Practice Leader is responsible for leading drop-in sittings at CIMC.
Skills, Experience, and Qualities
- Membership at CIMC
- Has been practicing Vipassana at CIMC for at least 3 years
- A daily sitting practice
- Some intensive silent retreat experience
- Responsible, conscientious, and friendly.
- Unlock the Center
- Greet yogis
- Lead 45-minute sittings at the front of the hall and ring the bell at the end.
- Sunday Practice Leaders coordinate walking and sitting periods from 2:00-5:15pm, ringing the bell between each.
- Straighten up the hall and close up the Center.
- Practice Leaders are responsible for finding a substitute Practice Leader if they are unable to lead a sit they have signed up for.
- One-year commitment (renewable)
- Weekly Practice Leader: 1 hour per week (either 6:45-7:45am or 5:45-6:45 pm) on a given day every week, or less if you share a time slot with other Practice Leaders. Minimum commitment to lead 1 hour (one sit) per month.
- Sunday Practice Leader: 3.75 hours on three to four Sundays per year, 1:45-5:30pm
- Substitutes are needed for all times on an on-call basis.
Cambridge, MA 02139
Meet individually with Practice Leaders CoordinatorApply Now