This program will be held online via Zoom. All registrants will receive the link to join the program in their Order Confirmation email. Times are ET.
Let us start this New Year with the intention to infuse mindfulness filled with gentleness, curiosity, and a willingness to learn, into our daily lives. Let us discover a sense of a connection, openness, and delight together.
Mindfulness is a way of being in our lives with presence, commitment, and engagement. We begin by nurturing presence in formal meditation practice. We will practice embracing everyday encounters with a mindful presence filled with intimacy and kindness. In so doing, we may understand ordinary activities as pathways to ease and joy. Some pathways we will cultivate and practice:
- The Practice of Gratitude: Gratitude is the capacity to take delight in life, in this moment, in being alive. Gratitude is the ability to let ourselves feel joy and wonder.
- Embracing the Present: Bringing our full attention to this moment, we allow life to reveal itself whether at home, at work, at school, driving, riding a bicycle, walking, talking, listening, doing the dishes, cooking…all the activities of daily life.
- Wise Speech, Active Listening: Letting go of inner dialogue we will learn to fully engage with ourselves, others, and with nature. We can practice offering our wholehearted attention, fostering connection and closeness.
- The Practice of Pausing: Learning how to pause in the midst of our life, we tune into our heart and remember what matters most to us.
- Opening to Compassionate Action: Extending mindfulness in small or big acts of kindness, we open to opportunities to participate in and to be a beneficial force in this world.
Come join us in learning to recollect ourselves, to bring a wholehearted attention and presence to the moment we are in. Mindfulness is a shortcut to happiness and healing… Let’s start this New Year together!
This program is appropriate for both new and experienced meditators and will include formal meditation practices, as well as discussion, reflection, and home practices. Everyone is welcome.
Full and partial scholarships are available up to 72 hours before the start of the program. This program will not be recorded.
(Closed Captions (CC) for CIMC Programs are generated through “livestreaming” via Rev.com. CIMC programs are not livestreamed to any other platform for any other use.)