The LGBTQIA+ Greeter is responsible for welcoming attendees and collecting money at the groups which are held once every 2 months on Fridays from 7:00pm-9:00pm.
Skills, Experience, and Qualities
- Identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, queer, intersex, asexual or other non-normative gender identity or sexual orientation
- Familiar with the Center’s purpose and activities to answer questions
- Comfortable handling money
- Friendly, welcoming, calm in a busy and social environment
- Arrive 30 minutes before start of the program to unlock doors, make tea, and set up the hall
- Welcome people until 7:15PM, explain norms of using the Center (remove shoes, phones off, etc.)
- Answer questions as needed
- Collect money and make change
- Ideally one-year commitment (renewable)
- 2-3 Friday nights per year
- .75 hours from 6:30-7:15pm
Volunteer Greeter is not required to pay the door fee to attend the Group This role is eligible for work exchange of up to .75 hour.
Cambridge, MA 02139
Read instructions and shadow existing GreeterApply Now