The Assistant Cook is a volunteer role responsible for helping the Lead Cook to prepare the meals for CIMC retreats.
Skills, Experience, and Qualities
- Likes to chop vegetables and help out in the kitchen
- Able to follow Kitchen Safety Rules, as explained by the Lead Cook
- Encouraged to attend CIMC cooks training (optional)
- Follow Kitchen Safety rules
- Assist the Lead Cook in preparing and cooking the meal(s)
- Help with chopping vegetables
- Assist with cleanup as the morning progresses
- One-year commitment (renewable)
- 2-4 retreat days per year (as Lead Cook or Assistant Cook)
- 4 hours, weekend day of retreat 9:00am- approximately 1:00pm
The Assistant Cook may attend the day of the retreat that he/she is cooking for once his/her responsibilities have been fulfilled (unless there are specific requirements to attend the retreat which the cook does not meet, e.g. under 35, experienced practitioner etc.) This role is eligible for work exchange up to 4 hours.
Cambridge, MA 02139
Two-hour Cooks' Training offered twice per year (optional but encouraged)Apply Now